Photo: light paintings by DeZ
My name is Sandra Walsh, and I am a digital nomad.
After 30-something years working in the pay-cheque world, I decided to trade in my business suit for yoga pants and a Macbook and strike out on my own. When my boys left home, I realized that I was free to simplify and reevaluate what was important in my life.
I moved a lot when I was a kid, and the excitement of discovering a new place has always stayed with me. I like to be somewhere long enough to get a feel for the culture and the energy, and to connect with a few of local people.
Finally deciding a few years ago to “officially” hang up my virtual shingle as a web builder came down to a few simple things:
- I love to collaborate with people and teams that are passionate about what they do
- I love project-based work – focus, intense creativity, solving new problems, creative collaboration, delivering a superb site for my clients
- I’m a geek at heart and love to code – getting that design, feature or function to work “just right” gets my feel-good hormones going
- I want the freedom to travel while I work
- I want to choose how I spend my time and not give up what matters to me – impromptu hikes, 2-hour yoga classes, time with family and friends, time to read
So I no longer work a structured 60-hour week – yay! But when I am on a client project, I get totally immersed and find the hours just fly by. I dream up ideas and solutions in my sleep, and can’t wait to try them out as soon as I wake up.
For me, this kind of work is FUN!
Why working with me might be a good fit for you and for your great idea
- I bring all my years of marketing and online technology experience in the corporate world to your project, without the big price tag that an agency might charge
- I have access to fabulous associates that I can bring on to your project team as needed – designers, writers, photographers…
- I’m an entrepreneur, just like you, so I know the time and commitment it takes to run a small business. Being flexible is part of the gig.
So let’s talk!
Send me a note and tell me a little about your great idea. I offer a free, no obligation 30-minute phone call so that you can better decide if working together is the right choice for growing your great idea.
I look forward to a wonderful and productive collaboration!